How do I get the 2017 tax form
May 28, 2019
Q) I had to revise my sons 2017 tax form and mailed it in. He did get his refund but I did not save the original file. He needs it for school. How do I get the 2017 tax form that he needs to give to his school?
A) There are a few ways to get a copy of your son’s 2017 tax form.
- Request a transcript from the IRS. You can request a transcript of your son’s tax return from the IRS. This will give you a copy of the return, including any amended returns that you filed. You can request a transcript online, by mail, or by phone.
- Contact the tax preparer who filed the return. If you used a tax preparer to file your son’s tax return, you can contact them to request a copy of the return.
- Look for the return in your records. If you filed your son’s tax return electronically, you may be able to find a copy of the return in your email or in your online tax preparation software. If you filed your son’s tax return by paper, you may be able to find a copy of the return in your filing cabinet.
Once you have a copy of the tax return, you can give it to your son’s school.
Here are the steps on how to request a transcript from the IRS:
- Go to the IRS website and click on “Get Transcripts.”
- Select the type of transcript you need. For your son’s 2017 tax return, you will need to select “Tax Return Transcript.”
- Enter your son’s Social Security number and date of birth.
- Select the delivery method you want. You can request a transcript to be mailed to you, or you can have it delivered electronically to your online account.
- Click on “Submit.”
The IRS will send you a copy of your son’s tax return transcript within 5 business days.thumb_upthumb_downrefreshGoogle itmore_vert