A) Unfortunately, I cannot definitively say whether the paper copies of this year’s Oregon state tax booklet are available at the Eugene, Oregon office on Valley River Drive. The availability of paper tax booklets varies by state and can change throughout the tax season.
However, I can help you find out for sure. Here are two options:
- Contact the Oregon Department of Revenue directly:
- Visit the IRS website:
- The IRS website provides links to each state’s Department of Revenue website: https://www.irs.gov/
- From the Oregon Department of Revenue website, you can search for information about obtaining paper tax booklets.
It’s understandable that you miss the convenience of picking up a booklet at your local post office. Unfortunately, many states have moved away from offering paper tax booklets due to cost and environmental concerns.
Here are some alternative options for obtaining tax forms and information:
- Download the forms and instructions from the Oregon Department of Revenue website.
- Order the forms and instructions by mail from the Oregon Department of Revenue.
- Use the IRS website to find and download federal tax forms.
- Use tax preparation software that includes both federal and state forms.