Find your local Federal and State Tax Office here! Not a government website.

I received notice stating I owe 1400 back taxes, how can I setup payment plan

Tax_questionQ) I received a notice stating i owe 1400 back taxes from 2009 they are giving me until the 30th of this month to can i setup a payment plan

A) According to the IRS website; You can make monthly payments through an installment agreement if you’re not financially able to pay your tax debt immediately. However, you will reduce or eliminate the amount of penalties and interest you pay and avoid the fee associated with setting up an installment agreement if you pay your tax bill in full. Before you apply:
File all required tax returns;
Consider other sources (loan or credit card) to pay your tax debt in full to save money;
Determine the largest monthly payment you can make; and
Know that your future refunds will be applied to your tax debt until it is paid in full.
Fees for setting up an installment agreement:
$52 for a direct debit agreement;
$120 for a standard agreement or payroll deduction agreement; or
$43 if your income is below a certain level.
Apply for an installment agreement
Apply online if you owe $50,000 or less in combined individual income tax, penalties and interest;
Call the phone number on your bill or notice;
Complete and mail Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request (PDF). If you owe more than $50,000, you will also need to complete Form 433-F, Collection Information Statement (PDF). read more and see forms

You can also make payment arrangements on your state tax website if you owe state taxes. Please your state tax revenue website for more information.


2 Responses to I received notice stating I owe 1400 back taxes, how can I setup payment plan

  1. IRS Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, unless otherwise noted. Residents of Alaska and Hawaii follow Pacific time. Puerto Rico phone lines are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time.
    People with hearing impairments:
    800-829-4059 (TDD)

Leave a reply

330 Responses to Click to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Tax Office

Leave a reply

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming is a private website not a government website. If you have questions on your taxes it is always best to consult with a certified tax accountant in your state. The Tax Relief Helpline is NOT A State Government or IRS service and is not affiliated with