How do I get my W-2 when my employer refuses to send me one?

Tax_questionQ) How do I get a copy of my W-2 when my former employer refuses to send me one.

A) 1) If the employer does not comply, the first step is to contact the IRS and report the issue to them. The phone number for this is 1-800-829-1040

2) Next, to file your taxes without the W-2/1099, fill out substitution form 4852 for the IRS and substitution form for your state and submit with your taxes.

3) As a last step, contact the Criminal Investigation Section who will be glad to contact your employer to remind them of their legal obligation to supply you with a W2 or 1099 by February 1st

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *