some one is using my ss# to get state of az. health provider thou there employer,

Q) someone is using my ss# to get state of az. health provider thou there employer, i got a tax form 1095-B in the mail. this came out phoenix az. i do not have access i have my own inc. AARP AND MEDCARE hear is the employers a legal tax form.

A) It sounds like someone may have stolen your Social Security number (SSN) and used it to enroll in health insurance in Arizona. This is a serious crime, and you should take steps to protect yourself and your financial information.

Here are some things you can do:

  • Report the identity theft to the IRS. You can do this online or by calling 1-800-908-4490.
  • Place a fraud alert on your credit reports. This will make it more difficult for someone to open new accounts in your name. You can place a fraud alert online or by calling 1-877-322-8228.
  • Freeze your credit reports. This will prevent anyone from accessing your credit reports, which is necessary to open new accounts. You can freeze your credit reports online or by calling each of the three major credit bureaus: Equifax (1-800-525-6285), Experian (1-888-397-3742), and TransUnion (1-800-680-7289).
  • Contact the health insurance company that issued the Form 1095-B. Explain that you did not enroll in health insurance with them, and ask them to cancel your coverage.
  • File a police report. This will create a record of the crime, which could be helpful if you need to file a lawsuit or claim insurance benefits.
  • Monitor your credit reports and bank statements for any unusual activity. If you see anything suspicious, report it to the appropriate company immediately.

It’s important to take steps to protect yourself from identity theft as soon as possible. By taking these steps, you can help to minimize the damage and prevent further problems.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *