I still did not get my tax refund from 2018.

Q) I still did not get my tax refund from 2018. Why is it so hard to get my tax back? Whenever I call they just told me to wait and wait. Please I need urgent help.

A) I understand that you are frustrated about not receiving your tax refund from 2018. The IRS has been experiencing delays in processing tax returns and refunds due to the pandemic. However, there are a few things you can do to try to get your refund sooner.

First, you can check the status of your refund using the IRS Where’s My Refund tool. This tool will tell you if your refund has been processed and, if so, when you can expect to receive it.

If your refund has not been processed, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to speak with a representative. The representative may be able to tell you why your refund is delayed and when you can expect to receive it.

You can also file Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, if you believe that you are entitled to all or part of your spouse’s refund. This form will allow you to claim your share of the refund even if your spouse owes taxes to the IRS.

Finally, you can contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) if you are still having trouble getting your refund. The TAS is an independent organization that helps taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS. You can contact the TAS by phone at 1-877-777-4778 or online at https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

One Comment

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *