I need help in getting my tax refund for the last three years,

Q) I need help in getting my tax refund for the last three years, because I had identity thief and I hadn’t gotten a pin number

A) I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced identity theft and haven’t received your tax refunds as a result. Dealing with identity theft can be stressful, but I’ll do my best to help you with the information and guidance I can provide.

Here are some steps you can take to address the situation and potentially obtain your tax refunds:

  1. Contact the IRS: Get in touch with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as soon as possible. Explain your situation and inform them that you’ve been a victim of identity theft. They will guide you through the necessary steps to resolve the issue. You can reach the IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit at 1-800-908-4490.
  2. Complete Form 14039: The IRS provides Form 14039, the Identity Theft Affidavit, for individuals who have experienced tax-related identity theft. You’ll need to fill out this form and submit it to the IRS. It serves as an official statement affirming that you’ve been a victim of identity theft.
  3. Provide supporting documentation: Gather any documentation that supports your claim of identity theft. This may include police reports, correspondence with credit bureaus, or any other evidence you have regarding the fraudulent activity. Submit these documents along with Form 14039.
  4. Request an Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN): Since you mentioned not having a PIN number, an IP PIN could be helpful to prevent future instances of identity theft. You can request an IP PIN from the IRS by visiting the “Get an IP PIN” section on their website (www.irs.gov). The IP PIN is a unique six-digit number that adds an extra layer of security to your tax return.
  5. Monitor your credit and financial accounts: Stay vigilant by regularly monitoring your credit reports and financial accounts for any suspicious activity. Consider placing a fraud alert or freezing your credit to prevent further unauthorized access.
  6. Consult with a tax professional: If you’re unsure about the necessary steps or need expert guidance, it’s advisable to consult with a tax professional. They can provide personalized advice based on your situation and help you navigate the process more effectively.

Remember to keep copies of all the documents you submit to the IRS and maintain a record of your communication with them. It may take some time to resolve the issue, but by actively working with the IRS, you can increase your chances of recovering your tax refunds and protecting your identity in the future.