I did not file my 2016 taxes.. how can i file without W2?

Q) I did not file my 2016 taxes due to not ever being able to get my W2 from a company how can i file that if i don’t have the information.

A) If you did not file your 2016 taxes due to not ever being able to get your W2 from a company, you can still file your taxes. You will need to use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. On this form, you will need to provide the following information:

  • Your name, address, and Social Security number.
  • The name and address of your employer.
  • The dates you worked for your employer.
  • The amount of wages you earned.
  • The amount of federal income tax withheld.

If you do not have all of this information, you can try to contact your employer for a copy of your W-2. You can also try to get the information from your bank statements, pay stubs, or other records.

If you are unable to get the information you need, you can file your taxes using your best estimate. The IRS will be able to verify the information with your employer after you file your return.

If you have any questions about filing your taxes without a W-2, you should consult with a tax professional. They will be able to help you understand your options and ensure that you file your taxes correctly.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *