Q) How quickly will I get my tax refund?
A) The IRS typically issues refunds in less than 21 days after your e-filed return is accepted. However, if you filed on paper and expect a refund, it could take four weeks or more to process your return. You can check the status of your refund using the IRS Where’s My Refund? tool or by calling the IRS at 800-829-1954.
Here are some factors that can affect the timing of your refund:
- The complexity of your return
- Whether you filed electronically or on paper
- Whether you have any errors on your return
- Whether you owe any taxes
- Whether you have any other outstanding debts with the IRS
If you are expecting a refund, you can help to ensure that it is processed quickly by filing your return electronically and providing accurate information. You should also make sure that you have direct deposit set up so that your refund can be deposited directly into your bank account.