I want to resolve a mistake on the IRS notice regarding my tax return 2022 not filed. It is a mistake as I was NOT living in the US in the year 2022. Neither did I work in the US in the year 2022. I have all the legal documents to prove both my employment and residency outside of the USA. Can I submit these document with your office to resolve the mistake?

A) Yes, you can submit the documents to the IRS office to resolve the mistake. You can also call the IRS at 844-545-5640 to speak to a representative. The representative can help you make an appointment at your local IRS office.

Here are the documents you will need to bring to your appointment:

  • A copy of your passport or other government-issued ID that shows your non-resident status.
  • A copy of your employment verification from your employer outside of the US.
  • A copy of your residency verification from your country of residence.
  • A copy of your 2022 tax return, if you filed one.

If you are unable to make an appointment at your local IRS office, you can also mail the documents to the IRS. The address is:

Internal Revenue Service Attn: International Taxpayer Service OIC International 1111 Constitution Ave NW Washington, DC 20224

You can also fax the documents to the IRS at 1-855-833-6729.

Once you have submitted the documents, the IRS will review them and issue a decision. If the IRS agrees that you were not required to file a tax return for 2022, they will close the case.

I can help you make an appointment at your local IRS office on either of the dates and times you mentioned. Please send me your contact information and I will call you to confirm the appointment.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *