not yet received the rest of my federal refund .. over 5000$

Q) I received a letter saying that i hadn’t filed my 2013 and 2015 returns. They put the amounts owed for each year and said not to do anything if i agreed with the amounts they would apply them to my 2018 tax return on may 8th 2019. However its almost July and ive not yet received a adjustments letter or the rest of my federal refund which was over 5000$ after they do the offset.. What am i to do i need this badly as im low income father of 3 alone.?

A) I understand that you are concerned about your tax refund and that you need the money urgently. Here are some things you can do:

  1. Check the status of your refund. You can use the IRS Where’s My Refund tool to check the status of your refund.
  2. Contact the IRS. You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to speak with a representative.
  3. File your 2013 and 2015 tax returns. If you have not filed your 2013 and 2015 tax returns, you should file them as soon as possible.
  4. Apply for a hardship withdrawal from your retirement account. If you have a retirement account, you may be able to apply for a hardship withdrawal. This is a loan that you can take out of your retirement account to pay for unexpected expenses.
  5. Apply for a government loan or grant. There are a number of government loans and grants available to help low-income families. You can find information about these programs on the website of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *