I paid my 2022 taxes on time. The IRS sent a notice letter (CP14) stating they haven’t received

Q) I paid my 2022 taxes on time. The checked I paid with posted to my checking account as received and deducted from my bank account. I copy of the posted check (front and Back). The back of the Check has the US Treas. Stamp on the back and the date received. The IRS sent a notice letter (CP14) stating they haven’t received and I am receiving a later charge. This is obviously correct. The website and the online system doesn’t address this issue. It is practically impossible to get some whom can verify and rectify to correct. Please contact me at your earlies convenience to resolve. Who, how, or where can I email/send/provide my posted checks as proof of payment?

A) I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re facing regarding your tax payment. Unfortunately I’m unable to contact you directly or receive any physical documents like checks. However, I can provide some general guidance on how to address the situation:

  1. Contact the IRS: Reach out to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) directly to inquire about the discrepancy between your payment and the notice you received. You can contact the IRS by phone or mail. The phone number to contact the IRS can be found on their website, and you can explain the situation to a representative who can guide you through the next steps. Additionally, you can send a written letter to the IRS, including the copies of your posted checks as proof of payment, to the address provided on the notice you received.
  2. Include supporting documentation: When contacting the IRS, be sure to include all relevant supporting documentation to prove your payment. This may include copies of the posted checks, any confirmation or receipt from your bank, and the notice letter (CP14) you received. Clearly explain the situation and provide all necessary information to help the IRS investigate and resolve the issue.
  3. Maintain records: Keep copies of all documents, including the checks and any correspondence with the IRS. These records will be essential for your reference and to establish proof of payment.
  4. Consider professional assistance: If the issue persists or becomes more complex, you might want to seek the help of a tax professional or tax advocate who can provide guidance and represent you in your dealings with the IRS. They have experience in dealing with such matters and can assist in resolving the issue efficiently.

Remember that it’s important to reach out to the IRS directly for personalized assistance and specific instructions tailored to your situation. They will have access to your account information and can provide the most accurate guidance.

Please note that my responses are based on general knowledge, and it’s always advisable to consult with a tax professional or contact the IRS directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific case.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *