I never filed my 2015 taxes. How would I go about filing?

Q) I never filed my 2015 taxes as I did not have the money to pay to have them filed. I need to get that taken care of as soon as possible and have my 2015 taxes filed and was recommended to come into the IRS office and do that since it can’t be filed electronically now that is has been too long. How would I g about doing that, what information other than W2 would I need and how much does it cost? I have never prepared my own taxes before and do not quite understand how to do it by myself.

A) To file your 2015 taxes in person at an IRS office, you will need to bring the following documents:

  • Your W-2 forms from your employer(s)
  • Any 1099 forms from any other sources of income
  • Any other relevant documents, such as a Schedule C if you are self-employed
  • Your Social Security card
  • A copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued ID
  • A completed Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to request a copy of your 2015 tax return if you do not have it

The cost of filing your 2015 taxes in person at an IRS office will vary depending on the complexity of your return. If you are due a refund, there is no fee to file your return. However, if you owe taxes, you will need to pay a filing fee. The filing fee for 2015 returns is $50.

To file your 2015 taxes in person at an IRS office, you can make an appointment online or by calling 1-800-829-1040. When you make your appointment, you will be asked to provide your name, Social Security number, and the reason for your visit.

When you arrive at your appointment, you will be greeted by a representative who will help you file your return. The representative will ask you questions about your income, deductions, and credits. They will then help you complete the necessary paperwork and file your return.

Filing your 2015 taxes in person at an IRS office is a good option if you are unable to file your return online or by mail. The IRS office staff can help you with any questions you have and make sure that your return is filed correctly.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *