I need to get a pin number in order to get my income tax return please help

A) According to the IRS, you may need an Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) to file your taxes if you are a victim of identity theft or you received a CP01A notice from the IRS.

There are two ways to get an IP PIN:

You can use the online IP PIN tool on the IRS website to register and retrieve your IP PIN. You will need to create an online account and pass a “rigorous identity verification process” before being approved.

You can call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you. This can take up to 21 days.
If you don’t need an IP PIN, you can sign and validate your electronic tax return by entering your prior-year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or your prior-year Self-Select PIN.

You can find your prior-year AGI on your previous tax return or by requesting a transcript from the IRS.

I hope this helps you with your tax return.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *