I have not yet received my refund $5,171. I was told by H R Block that I didn’t owe
Q) I have a problem I filed my taxes February 14 2019 it’s now December 27 2019 I have not yet received my refund $5,171. I was told by H R Block that I didn’t owe and should not run into any problems I guess they were wrong. So with all due respect could you put a rush on my check cause to be honest birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, house Bill’s, car repairs and my family has suffered because of the delay of my refund. But I know your family birthdays and holidays were good .
A) I understand that you are concerned about your tax refund. It is unusual for a refund to take this long, so I recommend that you check the status of your refund using the IRS Where’s My Refund tool. You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to speak with a representative.
Here are some possible reasons why your refund might be delayed:
- You may have made a mistake on your tax return.
- The IRS may need more information from you.
- Your refund may be being held for review.
If you have checked the status of your refund and it still says “pending,” you can contact the IRS to find out more information.
Here are some additional things you can do:
- Contact H&R Block. You can contact H&R Block to see if they have any information about your refund. You can find their contact information on their website.
- File a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation. If you believe that you are entitled to all or part of your spouse’s refund, you can file this form. This form will allow you to claim your share of the refund even if your spouse owes taxes to the IRS.
- Contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS). The TAS is an independent organization that helps taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS. You can contact the TAS by phone at 1-877-777-4778 or online at https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.