Find your local Federal and State Tax Office here! Not a government website.

 I have not received my W-2, I need to notify IRS. My employer is ignoring my requests. WHAT DO I DO?

Q) I have not received my W-2 from my previous employer. I contacted the home office via email mid February. Last week all I received was a copy of the health insurance coverage I paid. I have called the IRS 800-829-1040 number multiple times with long waiting and never about to speak to anyone. I attempted to request a filing transcript but was unable to successfully complete the registration process AND the IRS website doesn’t have the appropriate link I need to notify IRS that my employer is ignoring my requests for W-2 and to request assistance. WHAT DO I DO?

A) According to the IRS, if you have not received your w-2, Contact your employer first. Ask your employer – or former employer – to send your W-2 if it has not already been sent. Make sure your employer has your correct address.

Contact the IRS. After February 14, you may call the IRS at 800-829-1040 if you have not yet received your W-2. Be prepared to provide your name, address, Social Security number and phone number. You should also have the following information when you call:

• Your employer’s name, address and phone number;
• Your employment dates; and
• An estimate of your wages and federal income tax withheld in 2012, based upon your final pay stub or leave-and-earnings statement, if available.

File your return on time. You should still file your tax return on or before April 15, 2013, even if you have not yet received your W-2. File Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, in place of the W-2. Use the form to estimate your income and withholding taxes as accurately as possible. The IRS may delay processing your return while it verifies your information.

Filed Under: IRS

Leave a reply

330 Responses to Click to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Tax Office

Leave a reply

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming is a private website not a government website. If you have questions on your taxes it is always best to consult with a certified tax accountant in your state. The Tax Relief Helpline is NOT A State Government or IRS service and is not affiliated with