I had a question about a charge on my taxes that I shouldn’t have owed.

Q) I had a question about a charge on my taxes that I shouldn’t have owed. I tried calling but the lines been busy for a month

A) I’m sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty reaching the IRS by phone. Here are a few other options you can try to get help with your tax question:

  1. Check your online tax account: If you have an online tax account with the IRS, you may be able to find information about the charge in question. You can access your account on the IRS website.
  2. Send a written inquiry: You can send a written inquiry to the IRS. You should include your name, address, and social security number, as well as a clear description of the issue you are having. You can send your inquiry to the address listed on the IRS website.
  3. Visit a local IRS office: You can visit a local IRS office to get help with your tax question. You can find the location and hours of your nearest IRS office on the IRS website.
  4. Contact a tax professional: If you are unable to get help from the IRS directly, you may want to consider contacting a tax professional such as an enrolled agent, tax attorney, or certified public accountant (CPA). They can help you understand the charge and determine whether you owe it.

I hope one of these options is helpful in resolving your tax question.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *