I forgot to include my 1099R forms, what should I do?

Q) I forgot to include my 1099R forms when I sent in my paper claim, what should I do?

A) Since you have already mailed the return, just hang on to them until the IRS receives your return. They will contact you if they need those. They only request them if they have tax withholdings listed on them.

You don’t want to send them separately and cause confusion with government. They may not request them but if they need do, they will reach out to you via a letter to let you know and it will tell you where to send them. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4334444-i-mailed-my-taxes-but-forgot-to-attach-the-1099r-forms-now-what

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *