Find your local Federal and State Tax Office here! Not a government website.

I filed electronically (e-filing) but my tax return was rejected. What do I do now?

Q) I filed electronically (e-filing) but my tax return was rejected. What do I do now?

A) According to the IRS – There must be an error on your return. Please review the following:

  • You should receive an explanation of why the return was rejected.
  • If a mistake was made when entering a social security number, a payer’s identification number, omitting a form, or misspelling a name; the errors can be corrected and the return can be resubmitted electronically again with the IRS.
  • Unfortunately, there are other errors that will cause you to have to file a paper return by mail.
  • If you have further questions, call us toll-free at 800-829-1040.
  • For general information about e-file, refer to Filing Your Taxes.

One Response to I filed electronically (e-filing) but my tax return was rejected. What do I do now?

  1. I have an identity theft situation and my IPPIN number is being sent to the person who is filing under my social security number so my tax return for 2019 was rejected.i don’t want to experience the same situation this year and the IRS is not helping at all. How can this be fixed?

Leave a reply

331 Responses to Click to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Tax Office

  1. I have bee unable to talk to anyone or get an appointment at any office around me for over a month. There is a mistake that does not allow my account to be autopaid and I am getting overlapping bills and penalties even though I paid online.

Leave a reply

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming is a private website not a government website. If you have questions on your taxes it is always best to consult with a certified tax accountant in your state. The Tax Relief Helpline is NOT A State Government or IRS service and is not affiliated with