HOME About Us | IRS Taxes E-Filing Self Employment Tax Social Security Fraud Back Taxes Filing An Extension Claiming Dependents Late Penalties Tax Refund Earned Income Tax Credit ASK YOUR TAX QUESTION Get Help During Covid-19
Q) I filed electronically (e-filing) but my tax return was rejected. What do I do now?
A) According to the IRS – There must be an error on your return. Please review the following:
- You should receive an explanation of why the return was rejected.
- If a mistake was made when entering a social security number, a payer’s identification number, omitting a form, or misspelling a name; the errors can be corrected and the return can be resubmitted electronically again with the IRS.
- Unfortunately, there are other errors that will cause you to have to file a paper return by mail.
- If you have further questions, call us toll-free at 800-829-1040.
- For general information about e-file, refer to Filing Your Taxes.