I am trying to find out if the IRS received my payment
June 20, 2022
Q) Yes. I am trying to find out if the IRS received my payment from April 12th. I saw the payment on my credit union account, but I get calls from someone who says I didn’t. So I want to verify that.
A) I understand. It’s important to make sure that your payment was received by the IRS. Here are a few things you can do to verify:
- Check the IRS website. You can use the IRS’s “Where’s My Refund?” tool to check the status of your payment.
- Call the IRS. You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to check the status of your payment.
- Check your bank account. You can also check your bank account to make sure that the payment was deposited.
If you’ve checked all of these things and you’re still not sure if the IRS received your payment, you can contact the IRS and ask them to investigate.
Here are the steps on how to contact the IRS:
- Go to the IRS website.
- Click on the “Contact Us” link.
- Select the “Refunds” option.
- Select the “I need help with my refund” option.
- Follow the instructions to contact the IRS.
You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.