been calling Where’s My Refund for several weeks

Q) I been calling the Where’s My Refund for several weeks. Calling 800-829-1040 or 800-829-1954. I filled & mailed our Senior form (married-joint) approx. May 26th, 2020. Always the system tells me information is Not available. Mailed the tax forms from Mandan ND to Egen, Utah. I’m afraid the postal service could of Lost our envelope. I know with this Virus your employees are in short numbers. Please advise me what I should do besides waiting. I call the Where’s My Refund weekly and check my checking account for our refund. Thank you & Stay Safe.

A) I understand that you are concerned about your tax refund. It is unusual for a refund to take this long, so I recommend that you check the status of your refund using the IRS Where’s My Refund tool. You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to speak with a representative.

Here are some possible reasons why your refund might be delayed:

  • You may have made a mistake on your tax return.
  • The IRS may need more information from you.
  • Your refund may be being held for review.

If you have checked the status of your refund and it still says “pending,” you can contact the IRS to find out more information.

Here are some additional things you can do:

  • Check your mail. Make sure that you have received a letter from the IRS confirming that they received your tax return. If you have not received a letter, you can contact the IRS to inquire about the status of your return.
  • Check your bank account. Make sure that you have checked your bank account for your refund. If you have not received your refund, you can contact the IRS to inquire about the status of your return.
  • File a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation. If you believe that you are entitled to all or part of your spouse’s refund, you can file this form. This form will allow you to claim your share of the refund even if your spouse owes taxes to the IRS.
  • Contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS). The TAS is an independent organization that helps taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS. You can contact the TAS by phone at 1-877-777-4778 or online at

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *