Q) I got a letter back saying that I have to prove my identity. I did that, I would like to know what I need to do next. I also wrote to letters. How do I get my money. Or did some one already get it.im layed off work I could really use it. thank you for your time.
A) I understand your concern. If you have provided the IRS with proof of your identity and they have not yet issued your refund, you can contact the IRS to inquire about the status of your refund.
Here are the steps on how to contact the IRS about the status of your refund:
- Go to the IRS website.
- Click on the “Contact Us” link.
- Select the “Refunds” option.
- Select the “I need help with my refund” option.
- Follow the instructions to contact the IRS.
You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
Once you have contacted the IRS, they will be able to tell you the status of your refund and let you know when you can expect to receive it.
Here are some tips to help you get your refund as quickly as possible:
- Make sure you have provided the IRS with all of the necessary documentation to prove your identity.
- Be patient. It can take several weeks for the IRS to process your refund.
- If you have not received your refund within 6 weeks of filing your tax return, you can contact the IRS to inquire about the status of your refund.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.