Freehold NJ Tax Office 4 Paragon Way 07728 – IRS Tax Assistance
Freehold NJ IRS Tax Office at 4 Paragon Way is here to help if you need to resolve a tax problem, have questions about how the tax law applies to your individual tax return, or you’re more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, no appointment is necessary.
|IRS Tax Assistance Office Freehold||4 Paragon Way
Freehold, NJ 07728
|Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||(732) 660-0063|
- I would like to report company have 12 employees, but they don’t do w2 or federal taxQ) I would like to report a company that have 12 employee but they don’t do w2 or federal tax withdraw or state tax they just pay cash for employee last year the owner they made almost 2 million dollars but they don’t show income tax a lot they rent the atm machines put inside the salon for customer withdraw […]
- I received a letter 5775 and I want to know what is it about it says it’s not an audit.A) Letter 5775 is a notice from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that your tax return has been selected for a review. The letter does not mean that you are being audited, but it does mean that the IRS will be looking at your return more closely. The IRS uses a computer program to select tax returns for review. The […]
- how much interest income for a single individual can have before it is taxed.A) The amount of interest income a single individual can have before it is taxed depends on several factors, including the individual’s tax filing status, their total taxable income, and the type of interest income earned. For tax year 2022, if you’re a single filer, under 65 years of age and your total taxable income is less than $12,950, you […]
- I need to cancel my 11:30 appointment at the 300 E. Joppa Rd. officeQ) I need to cancel my 11:30 appointment at the 300 E. Joppa Rd. office for Wednesday March 22.Calling to cancel is impossible. A) If calling to cancel your appointment is impossible, you may need to try alternative methods to cancel your appointment at the 300 E. Joppa Rd. office for Wednesday, March 22. Here are some options you can […]
- Is social security taxed in Indiana?A) Social Security benefits are generally not taxed in Indiana. Indiana is one of the few states that do not tax Social Security benefits. However, other types of retirement income may be subject to state taxes in Indiana, such as pension income, 401(k) withdrawals, and IRA distributions. It is always recommended to consult with a tax professional or use tax […]
If you have provided an incorrect bank account number for your 2023 tax refund, it’s important to take action as soon as possible to correct the mistake.
The first step is to check the status of your tax refund. You can do this by using the “Where’s My Refund?” tool on the IRS website, which will provide updates on the status of your refund, including whether it has been issued or if there are any issues with the payment.
If you discover that your refund has been issued to the incorrect bank account, you should contact the bank as soon as possible to notify them of the error. If the account number you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the bank should reject the payment and return it to the IRS.
You can also contact the IRS directly to report the error and request that they stop payment on the refund. You can do this by calling the IRS toll-free hotline at 1-800-829-1040. Be prepared to provide your Social Security number, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund.
Once the IRS has stopped payment on your refund, they will issue a paper check to the address you provided on your tax return. It may take several weeks to receive the check, so be sure to keep an eye on your mailbox and follow up with the IRS if necessary.
In the future, be sure to double-check all bank account and routing numbers before submitting them on your tax return to avoid any payment issues.