My refund was sent to the wrong bank.. I will be getting my federal and state
Q) My refund was sent to the wrong bank so I want to know when I will be getting my federal and state
A) I understand your concern. If your refund was sent to the wrong bank, you will need to contact the IRS to have it reissued. The IRS will be able to trace the refund and reissue it to the correct bank account.
Here are the steps on how to contact the IRS about a wrong bank account refund:
- Go to the IRS website.
- Click on the “Contact Us” link.
- Select the “Refunds” option.
- Select the “I need help with my refund” option.
- Follow the instructions to contact the IRS.
You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
Once you have contacted the IRS, they will be able to trace the refund and reissue it to the correct bank account. It may take a few weeks for the refund to be reissued, but the IRS will keep you updated on the status of your refund.
Here are some tips to help you avoid having your refund sent to the wrong bank account in the future:
- Make sure you enter the correct bank account information on your tax return.
- Double-check your bank account information before you file your tax return.
- Consider using direct deposit for your tax refund.
- If you are using direct deposit, make sure you update your bank account information with the IRS if you change banks.
The tax office at Millsap Rd in Fayetteville seems to be operational.
Address: 516 Millsap Rd #202, Fayetteville, AR 72703
Phone: (479) 521-9191
Keep in mind it’s not uncommon for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to adjust its operations in response to changing circumstances, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, the availability of in-person services at IRS offices may be limited or suspended.
A good way to check the current status of the IRS office on Millsap Road in Fayetteville, Arkansas, I recommend contacting the IRS directly. You can call the IRS at 800-919-9835 or visit their website at https://www.irs.gov/. You may be able to find information on the current availability of in-person services at the office or get help with your taxes by speaking to a representative or using their online tools.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else I can do to help.