Q) My refund was sent to the wrong bank so I want to know when I will be getting my federal and state
A) I understand your concern. If your refund was sent to the wrong bank, you will need to contact the IRS to have it reissued. The IRS will be able to trace the refund and reissue it to the correct bank account.
Here are the steps on how to contact the IRS about a wrong bank account refund:
- Go to the IRS website.
- Click on the “Contact Us” link.
- Select the “Refunds” option.
- Select the “I need help with my refund” option.
- Follow the instructions to contact the IRS.
You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
Once you have contacted the IRS, they will be able to trace the refund and reissue it to the correct bank account. It may take a few weeks for the refund to be reissued, but the IRS will keep you updated on the status of your refund.
Here are some tips to help you avoid having your refund sent to the wrong bank account in the future:
- Make sure you enter the correct bank account information on your tax return.
- Double-check your bank account information before you file your tax return.
- Consider using direct deposit for your tax refund.
- If you are using direct deposit, make sure you update your bank account information with the IRS if you change banks.