Duluth MN IRS Tax Office at 515 W. First St. is here to help if you need to resolve a tax problem, have questions about how the tax law applies to your individual tax return, or you’re more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, no appointment is necessary.
|IRS Tax Office Duluth
||515 W. First St.
Duluth, MN 55802
|Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- I need to see if I can get appt today at Albany GA Tax Office around 1 to come see y’all. Plz asap. To verify my identity to y’all
A) I recommend that you call the Albany GA Tax Office at (229) 431-2130 to see if they have any appointments available today at 1pm. You can also try to book an appointment online, but the Albany GA Tax Office website does not have an online appointment booking system. If you are able to book an appointment, be sure to … Read more
- I have a few questions about my taxes
A) I am happy to answer any questions you have about your taxes. Please keep in mind that I am not a tax professional, and my answers should not be taken as tax advice. If you have specific questions about your tax situation, you should consult with a qualified tax preparer or accountant. Here are some common tax questions that … Read more
- I need help with my W-2 I am from Brockton Massachusetts if somebody can please give me a call it’s about my W-2 from 2020.
A) I can provide some general guidance on how to obtain a copy of your W-2 from 2020: Remember to keep all your communication and records related to your tax return in a secure place. Also, be cautious about sharing personal information over the phone or online to protect yourself from potential scams. If you have specific questions about your … Read more
- IRS won’t accept last years AGI
A) If the IRS won’t accept last year’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) when you’re trying to e-file your current year’s tax return, there could be a few reasons for this issue: Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue: a. Paper Filing: If you’re unable to e-file due to AGI issues, you can always print your tax … Read more
- I want to resolve a mistake on the IRS notice regarding my tax return 2022 not filed. It is a mistake as I was NOT living in the US in the year 2022. Neither did I work in the US in the year 2022. I have all the legal documents to prove both my employment and residency outside of the USA. Can I submit these document with your office to resolve the mistake?
A) Yes, you can submit the documents to the IRS office to resolve the mistake. You can also call the IRS at 844-545-5640 to speak to a representative. The representative can help you make an appointment at your local IRS office. Here are the documents you will need to bring to your appointment: If you are unable to make an … Read more
- 2022 I get a statement saying I owe. All of my taxes were taken.. again, 2023 I owe again
Q) I’ve been on my job since 2018 started out making $11,000 plus dollars. I had no issue with my taxes. 2022 I get a statement saying I owe. Ok. All of my taxes were taken. Here it is again, 2023 I owe again. Come to find out no federal taxes were taken out of this year. I was asked … Read more
- All employers must file a Form W-2
Yes, all employers must file a Form W-2 for each employee that they paid during the year. Form W-2 reports the wages, tips, and other compensation that an employee earned during the year, as well as the taxes that were withheld from the employee’s paycheck. Employers must file Form W-2 with the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Internal Revenue … Read more
- been calling Where’s My Refund for several weeks
Q) I been calling the Where’s My Refund for several weeks. Calling 800-829-1040 or 800-829-1954. I filled & mailed our Senior form (married-joint) approx. May 26th, 2020. Always the system tells me information is Not available. Mailed the tax forms from Mandan ND to Egen, Utah. I’m afraid the postal service could of Lost our envelope. I know with this … Read more
- Been over than 21 days IRS received my return, not gotten my refund, why?
A) There are several reasons why you may not have received your tax refund yet, even though it has been more than 21 days since the IRS received your return. Here are some common reasons why this might happen: Your return may be under review. If the IRS has identified any errors or discrepancies on your tax return, they may … Read more
- Been trying to get “return transcript” for year ended 12/31/15
Q) Been trying to get “return transcript” for year ended 12/31/15 to apply for financial aid for daughter’s college. Efiled 12/31/15 return in late Feb., recd refund in mid-March. Irs.gov is telling me i) tax year 2015 cannot be ordered and ii) address does not match their records. I’ve been living at same address for 17 years. Should I make … Read more
- “The local IRS # I called” hung up!
Q) After I explained my issues…I was told to call another number that would help me…when I questioned that “the local IRS # I called” hung up! I called the number I was given and was told to ask for a person at the end of the message…that didn’t happen – line went dead. I’m received notice May 15th that … Read more
- We bought our home in 2000 for $60,500. We sold it in July for $60,000. How do I put this on my income tax return for 2018?
Q) We bought our home in 2000 for $60,500. We sold it this last July for $60,000. How do I put this on my income tax return for 2018? A) You will need to file Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets, to report the sale of your home. On this form, you will need to report the purchase price of … Read more
- some one is using my ss# to get state of az. health provider thou there employer,
Q) someone is using my ss# to get state of az. health provider thou there employer, i got a tax form 1095-B in the mail. this came out phoenix az. i do not have access i have my own inc. AARP AND MEDCARE hear is the employers a legal tax form. A) It sounds like someone may have stolen your Social … Read more
- I want to know why I have not yet received my 2014 refund?
Q) I want to know why I have not yet received my 2014 refund.I need to speak with someone concerning my 2014 tax return i have not yet received it. I ordered transcript from 2014 and 2015. The information on each 2014-2015 transcript are Identical but have different tracking numbers. I do not understand how my 2014 transcript have the same … Read more
- I received a letter from the IRS. They say I owe $21,000 in taxes. I can’t pay this and I don’t know what to expect. Any advice would be appreciate
A) Receiving a letter from the IRS stating that you owe $21,000 in taxes can be very stressful, but there are steps you can take to address the situation. Here are some tips that may be helpful: Read the letter carefully. The first step is to carefully read the letter from the IRS to understand the reason for the tax … Read more