I need help with my W-2 I am from Brockton Massachusetts if somebody can please give me a call it’s about my W-2 from 2020.

A) I can provide some general guidance on how to obtain a copy of your W-2 from 2020:

  1. Contact Your Employer: The first step is to reach out to your former employer. They are required by law to provide you with a copy of your W-2. Make sure you have their contact information, and call or email them to request a copy.
  2. Check Online Accounts: Some employers provide electronic access to W-2 forms through their payroll or HR systems. Log in to any employee portal or online account you may have with your former employer to see if you can download a digital copy.
  3. Contact the IRS: If you’re unable to get a copy from your employer, you can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. They can help you request a transcript of your tax return information, which includes the information from your W-2. You can also visit the IRS website to request a transcript online.
  4. Visit Your Local IRS Office: You can visit a local IRS office for assistance in person. However, it’s a good idea to call ahead to make an appointment and ensure you have the necessary documentation.
  5. File a Substitute W-2: If you still can’t obtain a copy of your W-2, you can file a substitute W-2, also known as a Form 4852. You will need to estimate your income and withholding for the year based on your records. It’s important to keep a copy of this form for your records.

Remember to keep all your communication and records related to your tax return in a secure place. Also, be cautious about sharing personal information over the phone or online to protect yourself from potential scams.

If you have specific questions about your tax situation, it’s a good idea to consult with a tax professional or accountant for personalized guidance.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *