I had received some papers in the mail and I don’t understand it I don’t have any business in my name. I needed to make appointment to come in and talk with someone.

A) It’s definitely understandable to feel confused if you received tax papers for a business you don’t own. Making an appointment to speak with someone can help you clear things up and get the right information. Here are some options for scheduling an appointment:

Internal Revenue Service (IRS):

  • In-person appointment: This is the best option if you need personalized assistance and explanation of the documents.
    • Find a Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC): Use the IRS website to find the closest TAC near you: https://apps.irs.gov/app/office-locator/.
    • Schedule an appointment: Call the TAC at 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment. All TACs are currently operating by appointment only.
  • Phone: Although wait times can be long, you can call the IRS hotline at 1-800-829-1040 for individual tax returns or 1-800-829-4933 for business tax returns. They may be able to answer your questions or help you schedule an appointment if needed.

Other options:

  • Tax professionals: If the situation is complex or you prefer, you can get in touch with a tax professional like a certified public accountant (CPA) or enrolled agent. They can review the documents and advise you on the best course of action.
  • Online resources: The IRS website offers a wealth of information and resources on various tax topics: https://www.irs.gov/. You might find answers to your questions there.

Things to prepare before your appointment:

  • Gather all the tax documents you received in the mail.
  • Have your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) ready.
  • Take note of any questions you have about the documents.

Remember, it’s important to address this issue as soon as possible to avoid any potential problems in the future.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *