I have tried to file taxes with no success over the past couple of months.

Q) I have tried to file taxes with no success over the past couple of months. My spouse was 100% disabled vet and died Sept. 30 2021. I have had no luck getting tax information from the DFAS for retirees. Can you help.

A) I’m sorry to hear about your loss and the difficulties you’ve been having with filing your taxes. Here are some general guidance to help you in this situation.

If your spouse was a retired military service member and you’re having trouble getting tax information from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), you can try contacting the DFAS directly to request the information you need. They should be able to provide you with the necessary forms and information to file your taxes.

You can also seek assistance from a tax professional or a tax preparation service. They may be able to help you navigate the tax filing process and obtain the necessary information from the DFAS.

Additionally, you may want to check with your state’s Department of Veterans Affairs or local Veterans Service Office to see if they offer any tax assistance services for veterans and their families.

It’s important to keep in mind that tax rules and requirements can be complex, so seeking professional guidance or assistance can be helpful in ensuring that your taxes are filed correctly and in a timely manner.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *