I am a victim of irs tax fraud and identity theft.

Q) I am a victim of irs tax fraud and identity theft. Some to whom I have no clue has filled my income tax 2021,without my knowledge and also, I never received my 2020 taxes either and I had ordered 2 irs transcripts for 2020 and 2021 and it’s stating that there’s no record of me filing any taxes at all and I can’t get in contact with no one and have been trying for weeks

A) If you believe that you are a victim of IRS tax fraud and identity theft, it is important to take immediate action. Here are some steps you can take:

  1. File an identity theft affidavit (Form 14039) with the IRS.
  2. Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and file a complaint about identity theft.
  3. Place a fraud alert with one of the three credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion.
  4. Report the crime to your local police department.
  5. Contact your financial institutions and close any accounts that may have been opened in your name without your permission.

You may also want to consider working with a tax professional who can assist you in navigating the process and resolving the issue.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *