Find your local Federal and State Tax Office here! Not a government website.

I am trying to request tax transcripts for school but I can’t seem to get it.

Q) Hi there my name is Bryanna and I am trying to request tax transcripts for school but I can’t seem to get a hold of anyone by phone or the website. When I call the local office I am told to get the transcripts online. What can I do? Can I go to the local office? I can’t make an appointment on the phone. Am I just out of luck because of the government shutdown?

A) A transcript summarizes return information and includes Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). They are available for the most current tax year after the IRS has processed the return. People can also get them for the past three years. To get a transcript, you can Order online. Use the ‘Get Transcript ‘ tool available on There is a link to it under the red TOOLS bar on the front page. You can also order by phone. To Order by phone the number to call is 800-908-9946. You cal also Order by mail. Complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail. Source:

Filed Under: IRS

Leave a reply

329 Responses to Click to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Tax Office

  1. They send my husband a letter with a number to call. It states they are to busy to take calls try tomorrow. It has been over a week off calling everyday. He and I have more than 10 hours of trying every phone number on letter plus our local office. I am done.

Leave a reply

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming is a private website not a government website. If you have questions on your taxes it is always best to consult with a certified tax accountant in your state. The Tax Relief Helpline is NOT A State Government or IRS service and is not affiliated with