I am trying to find out what is wrong with my Social Security number

Q) I am trying to find out what is wrong with my SS#, I have always used Turbo Tax & they are saying problem with my Social. Please help me, so I can file my taxes. I am hoping I have not been a victim of fraud.

A) I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Social Security number (SSN). It’s important to address this issue as soon as possible to ensure that your personal and financial information is secure.

One thing you can do is contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify the status of your SSN. You can contact them by phone at 1-800-772-1213 or visit their website at www.ssa.gov. They can provide you with information about your SSN and any recent activity associated with it.

If you believe that you may have been a victim of identity theft or fraud, you should also consider placing a fraud alert or security freeze on your credit reports with the major credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). This can help prevent fraudulent activity on your accounts and protect your credit score.

Additionally, you can contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to inquire about any issues related to your tax return. They may be able to provide you with more information or assistance with filing your taxes.

I hope this information is helpful, and I wish you the best in resolving this issue.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *