Norwich CT Tax Office 401 West Thames Street 06360
Norwich CT Tax Office at 401 West Thames Street is here to help if you need to resolve a tax problem, have questions about how the tax law applies to your individual tax return, or you’re more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, no appointment is necessary.
|State Tax Office Norwich||
401 West Thames Street, Building #700, Norwich, CT 06360
|Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- I was wanting to know the reason I didn’t get my 1,4oo dollar tax credit when I got my taxes backA) There are a few reasons why you might not have received your $1,400 stimulus check when you filed your taxes. If you’re not sure why you didn’t receive your stimulus check, you can contact the IRS for more information.
- if an account was seized and then after considered safe less. would i be able to get it back by opening another account.A) If an account has been seized or suspended, it typically means that there was a violation of the platform’s terms of service or community guidelines. In such cases, simply opening another account may not guarantee that you will regain access to your previous account. Most online platforms have measures in place to prevent users from creating multiple accounts to […]
- Have been trying for over 2 weeks to contact an agent in NY sales tax with no luck.A) I understand that you are having trouble contacting an agent in NY sales tax. I can help you with this. Here are some things you can do to try to get in touch with an agent: If you are still unable to get in touch with an agent, you can try contacting the NY sales tax department’s taxpayer advocate. […]
- I filed the paperwork with IRS state of New Mexico he told me it will take 12 weeks it’s been 13 weeks where’s my refund?Q) I found the paperwork I got a letter and I filed the paperwork with IRS state of New Mexico he told me it will take 12 weeks it’s been 13 weeks where’s my refund I am a senior citizen and I need the money. A) If it has been 13 weeks since you filed your taxes and you have […]
- I was told they eliminated my expected Tax return and that I have a balance, I was supposed to receive a letter.A) I understand that not receiving an important letter regarding your tax return and having difficulty reaching someone to address the situation can be frustrating. While I can’t access specific information about your case or contact government agencies directly, I can provide you with some general suggestions that may help you in this situation: Remember, these are general suggestions, and […]
I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing issues with your stimulus checks and are concerned about potential identity theft.
To reach the IRS building in Uncasville, Connecticut, you can call the IRS toll-free customer service line at 1-800-829-1040. They should be able to provide you with information on your stimulus payments and help you take appropriate next steps. However, please note that wait times to speak with an agent can be long.
Additionally, if you believe that you may be a victim of identity theft, you should take steps to protect yourself. You can start by visiting the Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft website (https://www.identitytheft.gov/) for detailed guidance on what to do if you suspect identity theft. This includes steps such as filing a report with the FTC, placing a fraud alert on your credit reports, and monitoring your accounts for any suspicious activity.
It’s also important to ensure that your personal information is secure, such as by regularly checking your credit reports, using strong passwords, and being cautious of scams or phishing attempts. If you have reason to believe that your identity has been compromised, it’s important to act quickly to minimize any potential damage.I