Find your local Federal and State Tax Office here! Not a government website.

California Tax Office Phone Numbers and Information

Federal Income and Payroll Tax (Internal Revenue Service)

  • Customer service telephone numbers:
  • Tax Forms (800) 829-3676
    Refund/Tax information (800) 829-4477
    General information (800) 829-1040
    Employer Identification Number (EIN) (866) 816-2065
    Faxback (703) 368-9694
  • State Income Tax (Franchise Tax Board)
  • Mailing addresses: To find out where to send an income tax return,
  • General correspondence:Franchise Tax Board
    P.O. Box 942840
  • Sacramento CA 94240-0040 Customer service telephone numbers:
    Tax information/Refund/Forms (800) 338-0505
    Other assistance (800) 852-5711
    Out of U.S. (not toll free) (916) 845-6500
  • Small Business Liaison:
    Telephone (not toll free) (916) 845-4669

State Payroll Tax (Employment Development Department)

  • Mailing address:Employment Development Department
    PO Box 826880
    Sacramento CA 94280-0001
  • Customer service telephone numbers:
    Toll free number (888) 745-3886
    TDD service (800) 547-9565

Sales & Use Tax, and Other Taxes & Fees (Board Of Equalization)

  • Mailing address:State Board of Equalization
    P.O. Box 942879
    Sacramento CA 94279-0001
  • Customer service telephone numbers: Representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday, except State holidays, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
    Toll free number (800) 400-7115
    TDD service from TDD phones (800) 735-2929
    TDD service from voice phones (800) 735-2922
    Faxback: Call the Information Center (800) 400-7115
    Seller’s permit number verification (888) 225-5263

Joint Agency Offices

  • You can visit our joint State Taxpayer Service Centers, now available throughout California. These service centers represent more than one tax agency at each location. And if you are a new business owner, you may obtain the California tax information you need to start and operate your business. The walk-in Taxpayer Service Centers are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
    City Agencies at This Location Address
    Bakersfield EDD, BOE 1800 30th Street
    Bakersfield CA 93301
    El Centro EDD, BOE 1550 West Main Street
    El Centro CA 92243-2105
    Oakland FTB, BOE 1515 Clay Street
    Oakland CA 94612-1432
    Sacramento FTB, EDD, BOE 3321 Power Inn Road
    Sacramento CA 95826
    Santa Rosa EDD, BOE 50 D Street
    Santa Rosa CA 95404-4791
    Ventura EDD, BOE 4820 McGrath Street
    Ventura CA 93003


153 Responses to Click to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Tax Office

  1. Because the IRS processes the first return it receives, if another person claims your dependent first, the IRS will reject your return. The IRS won’t tell you who claimed your dependent. But if you don’t suspect anyone who could have claimed the dependent, your dependent may be a victim of tax identity theft. You’ll need to take some steps to protect your right to claim the dependent and your refund if you don’t think that the other person was eligible to claim your dependent. First, double check that you meet all of the requirements to claim the dependent.

    The IRS may delay your refund while the IRS looks into the issue, but you should still receive your refund. File a paper return. Note that when you file a paper return, it can take six to eight weeks for the IRS to process. This includes things like birth certificates and proof of identity, but also documents that show that your dependent lived with you at the same address for more than half of the year. This doesn’t mean that you can’t correct the situation. Don’t panic. The most important thing to remember is to prove with proper documentation that you are entitled to claim the dependent. Document your case as the IRS rules for claiming a dependent can get complicated.

Leave a reply

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming is a private website not a government website. If you have questions on your taxes it is always best to consult with a certified tax accountant in your state. The Tax Relief Helpline is NOT A State Government or IRS service and is not affiliated with