Trenton NJ Tax Office One State St. 08608 – IRS Tax Assistance
Trenton NJ Tax Office is here to help if you need to resolve a tax problem, have questions about how the tax law applies to your individual tax return, or you’re more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, no appointment is necessary.
|IRS Tax Assistance Office Trenton||One State St. Square, 50 West State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
|Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
*This office will be open until 6:00 p.m.the following days:
Thursday, 4/11/2013; Friday, 4/12/2013 and Monday 4/15/2013
|State Tax Office Trenton||
NORTHFIELD REGIONAL OFFICE
NJ DIVISION OF TAXATION
|Service Center – 609-292-640
Tax Information – 609-826-4400 or 1-800-323-4400
TaxFax Service – 609-826-4500
Homestead Benefit Program – 1-877-658-2972
Homestead Benefit Hotline – 1-888-238-1233
Property Tax Reimbursement – 1-800-882-6597
Estate Tax Service Center – 609-292-5033
Tobacco Interdiction Program – 609-588-5001
(TTY/TDD) – 609-984-7300 or 1-800-286-6613
- I received a letter 5775 and I want to know what is it about it says it’s not an audit.A) Letter 5775 is a notice from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that your tax return has been selected for a review. The letter does not mean that you are being audited, but it does mean that the IRS will be looking at your return more closely. The IRS uses a computer program to select tax returns for review. The […]
- how much interest income for a single individual can have before it is taxed.A) The amount of interest income a single individual can have before it is taxed depends on several factors, including the individual’s tax filing status, their total taxable income, and the type of interest income earned. For tax year 2022, if you’re a single filer, under 65 years of age and your total taxable income is less than $12,950, you […]
- I need to cancel my 11:30 appointment at the 300 E. Joppa Rd. officeQ) I need to cancel my 11:30 appointment at the 300 E. Joppa Rd. office for Wednesday March 22.Calling to cancel is impossible. A) If calling to cancel your appointment is impossible, you may need to try alternative methods to cancel your appointment at the 300 E. Joppa Rd. office for Wednesday, March 22. Here are some options you can […]
- Is social security taxed in Indiana?A) Social Security benefits are generally not taxed in Indiana. Indiana is one of the few states that do not tax Social Security benefits. However, other types of retirement income may be subject to state taxes in Indiana, such as pension income, 401(k) withdrawals, and IRA distributions. It is always recommended to consult with a tax professional or use tax […]
- I filled out my W2 and accidentally sent it in before I could add my other W2.Q) I filled out my W2 and accidentally sent it in before I could add my other W2 from my other job. A) If you have already submitted your W-2 to the IRS and your state, and you later realize that you made a mistake by not including another W-2, you will need to file an amended tax return. To […]